Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fun Children's Birthday Party or Summer Camp Activity

Best children's birthday party idea and fun summer camp craft idea
It doesn't feel like summer yet, does it?
Not unless you live in South America or Southern Australia.

At this point, in the throws of icy cold January, I'm not opposed to relocating!

It's hard to believe summer camps are already planning for summer activities, but they are. The after-school program I work for is already gearing up for summer. We always have to be one step ahead of everyone else to get the best activities booked, most creative summer camp crafts announced and supplies purchased, before you can say, "Martin Luther King Day"!

My favorite children's birthday party idea or summer camp craft has to be Ink Blot T-shirt Making 


We had so much fun with our 50 Kids: 50 Ink Blot T-shirts project that I'm sharing it with summer camps and aging children everywhere!

But I can't take all the credit. A bunch of smart moms discovered that ink blot t-shirt making is a great children's birthday party idea! Brilliant, those moms. Keeps all those busy hands occupied and they get to leave with a fun party souvenir.

It only took me 7 months (ha!), but I finally put together this little video of our Ink Blot T-shirt making activity. It really was so much fun. The kids still proudly wear their t-shirts to school!

{WATCH} To see how much fun it is to make Ink Blot T-shirts with kids!





If you, or someone you know, is looking for a fun birthday party idea or summer camp craft, let me know! There's plenty of ink blots to go around! { ssorensendesigns [at] hotmail [dot] com }

Ink Blot T-shirt Design Kits are available here in packages of 10.
Larger quantities or custom order are available.



Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

7 comments:

  1. Just for kids? No, I want one of those t-shirts for myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'm so with you Lauralynn! I actually made myself a few too. :) It's completely addicting!

      Delete
  2. How funny I was totally thinking of doing this for Z's birthday this year. It will be perfect for a Caillou party right? I wish you lived closer so you could help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! I wish I could be there to help you! What a fun idea for his birthday. If you decide to do it, I can give you some insider tips. :)

      Delete
  3. you having me dreaming of summer...
    It's been way to cold here lately. low single digits. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally dreaming of summer. Single digits - yikes! I don't want to wish the days away, but I can't deny I'm ready for some warmer weather. :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing idea! I am planning to book a nice event space Atlanta for my nephew’s birthday party and I can absolutely add this fun activity to the day. We all know that kids love to color and paint. It can be a good thing to do. I am going to shuffle and give away the tees to the kids only.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips