Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Anthropologie copy-cat shirt so far

Hmmm...this was harder than it looked. I'm still not sure what to think of it.

I'm not finished - it's just pinned on, and I have a lot of reworking to do (still looks a little drapey)

but this is it, mid-fashion...


The first problem is the weight of the fabric. Theirs is very lightweight and very stretchy jersey. Mine is a much thicker, minimal-stretch jersey. It added a lot of bulk, which made it difficult to duplicate this delicate design.

And the swig-swag at the bottom (I think I just made up my own word) was difficult to duplicate, once again, due to the heavy fabric.

Sigh...
At this point I'm not sure whether to scrap it and try again on a different very lightweight shirt, or try to work this one out.

But alas, Christmas is four days away, and I have presents to wrap and errands to run, so this refashion will most likely be put on hold until January comes around.

...but maybe I'll have time to pull out my Anthropologie tablecloth and cut it up to make a ruffly apron and make myself feel better... :)

Before I sign off, I have one more Anthropologie plug (you'd think I worked for their advertising dept or something)

Look what I found this morning at their holiday sale:
[*I went to return the gray shirt and heaven forbid I leave empty handed]

A new pretty knob for my sewing desk top drawer ($2.95)
(forgive the paint job -that's a project for summer 2011)


And a pair of pretty knobs for my top dresser drawer ($2.95 ea.)
(my dresser needs a bunch of new knobs and a fresh coat of paint)
And last but not least, and just in time for Christmas, a new star for the top of the tree




1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I'm jealous! You have an eye for color and design. Keep up the great finds!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips