Sunday, September 19, 2010

Music that's sew-inspirational


I love Anthropologie. Love it. I could spend hours browsing through their stores, soaking up ideas and creativity.

If they sold their inspiration in a bottle I'd buy it.

But since they don't, I figured out a way to bring a little of the Anthropologie creativity home with me.

Playing Anthropologie music while I sew.

I searched for "Anthropologie music" online, and found this list of songs:
  • Moi, Mon Ame et Ma Conscience by Paris Combo
  • I'm On a Roll by Over the Rhine
  • Ragged Wood by Fleet Foxes
  • French Navy by Camera Obscura
  • Medicine Man by Zero 7
  • Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? by She & Him
  • Nuit et Jour (Night & Day) by Cynthia M.
  • Kantoi by Zee Avi
  • Pencil Full of Lead by Paolo Nutini
  • Les Omnibus by Brigitte Bardot
  • Green Jay by Christina Courtin
  • Race You by Elizabeth & The Catapult
  • Going Up the Country by Kitty Daisy & Lewis
  • Baby Love by Annie Philippe
So after logging on to Youtube and making a playlist of all the videos, I turned off the computer screen, and turned up the speakers.

Ahhh, it made me feel like I was walking through the store.

Now that's my kind of inspiration and a little music to sew by.

3 comments:

  1. i've never made a playlist on youtube - do you have to listen to ads in between songs? i need to learn how to do this. b/c music defintely helps me when i'm sewing (and now PAINTING!! hahaha)

    jeremy figured out how to work the stereo/speakers that play in the kitchen - and it is awesome hearing music come from real speakers and in a place away from the computer that i can sick of. it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay !! Thank you for the list
    I must visit youtube right now, and check them all

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I worked at Anthro for a holiday season (It's hard work!) and adored the music. Instead of Youtube, try Grooveshark. All I need is a Capri Blue Volcano candle burning to go along with this kick ass playlist...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips